Sunday, July 5, 2009

To be improved Ahhhh!


So we now begin this process of improvements to the house before moving in! Thought you might wanna follow the process so here it is.....

Of course it is an old house which is why it needs so much work. It was built in 1964. This is the house my dad grew up in. My grandpa lived here til well into his 80's. This is kind of a sentimental house for my family, especially my dad. He wants it to stay in the family and I can't blame him. I mean he hasn't even changed the phone number cuz he loves it so much!


So lets take a tour of this place...

This is the very limited cabinet spaced kitchen. We have lovely stick tile floors on top of 2 layers of linoleum. The separate stove from oven and no dish washer. It will be all by hand! I can live with that.























But the floors have got to go! So Josh starts ripping them up. Then has to scrap off the 3rd layer that was the original for the house that has been glued to the floor for the past 60 years or so.This was in style in the 60's...eeewww














So real tile will replace this. Can I just tell you after josh lifted the 1st two layers of linoleum the strongest smell of animal urine was present! It was so nauseating! Good ridden with the old pee smell!



















Now for some more of the house!
The living room....
















Lovely blue! The blue is staying. I like colors as you will soon learn
















Hmm door ways with no doors.


The first bathroom....Lots of pink! I thought about leaving it this way and just updating the retro-ness of it. But we will see. This bathroom will look like this for a while cuz it is the last thing I am concerned about.

I will keep you updated and post progress as we go. I am so excited! Yay!

No comments: